can't create Excel App.

Marc Miller

I have a vbscript in an .asp page that issues the following:

Set xlApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application")

When I run my page, I get the error:

ActiveX Component can't create object: 'Excel Application'

However, I can use the same type of syntax in Visual Foxpro and instantiate
the object (o=CreateObject("Excel.Application"). I have tried
this on Windows XP using Office 2003 and on NT Advanced Server using Office
2002 and I get the same error.
This was code downloaded from www.codeproject.com, although I have tried
several MSFT examples and cannot instantiate the
Excel object?

Any input?

Thanks,
Marc Miller

Scott M.

This is a newsgroup for ASP.NET not classic ASP.

You might try this code:

Set xlApp = Server.CreateObject("Excel.Application")