Can't find database

SAC

I have an app that I have installed and it reports that it can't find the
database.

I have this installed ona domain controller and I run it on the console and
it works fine.

This error is coming from my customer site where I've installed it on a
server that's a member of a domain and then when I attempt to run it I tells
me it cannot find the database. I've checked directory permissions.

Any other reason that you can think of? Is there a differece in running it
on a domanin server and a member server. It is configured as a file server
and an application server.

Thanks.

SAC

The db is sql server.
From the console...from the computer that is the server.
The error message is "Can't find database"

Thanks!

SAC

Doesn't seem to matter.

I have one working on my computer and the connection string is the same on
this one.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Norman Yuan

Cann't you describe more on your application? Is it a ASP.NET app (I suppose
it is)? How it is configured, such as which user account (local or domain)
runs the app? is anonymous access allowed? impersonation? where is the SQL
Server (in the same box or in different box...

When you run console app, it is run under current user account (yours, when
you log in and run), while ASP.NET is server app, running under configured
user account, which makes huge difference as to access external resources
(SQL Server or file system). If you do not expose information on these, one
can hardly guess the causees of your issue.

One thing I can tell you, though, is that SQL Server issue has little to do
with directory permission.

SAC

It's

<ConnectionString>DSN=FMDataSQL;UID=sa;PWD=AutodeskFMD07;DATABASE=FMData</ConnectionString>
<DatabaseIdentity>SQLSERVER</DatabaseIdentity>

By the way, what does this mean? > [please don't top-post]

Thanks.

Mark Rae said:
[please don't top-post]
Doesn't seem to matter.

I have one working on my computer and the connection string is the same
on this one.

Er, yes, but the connection string on your computer will (almost)
certainly not be valid at your client's site...

What is the connection string...?