Can't step into webservice from webform when in separate solutions

Vikram Sinha

Hi,

I am unable to step into a method call on a webservice(WS)
from a webform(WF) when WS and WF are located in separate
VS.NET solutions. When I try to step in, step over occurs.

BTW, I am able to do this if both the client and the
service projects are in the same solution.

Any clues as to what may be the problem??

TIA,
Vikram

Bill Priess

Exactly what you pointed out. They are in 2 separate solutions. If you want
to be able to debug your WS and your WF at the same time, have two copies of
VS.NET running. Start the WS in debug mode and then start the WF. That
should do the trick. Otherwise, merge them into the same solution.

HTH,

Bill P.

Vikram Sinha

I get the error: Unable to start debugging on the web
server. A debugger is already attached.

Unfortunately NO trick works at all for this scenario. I
have trying everything under the sun to make this work but
no effect.
Is there really no way to do this? Is this by design?
Does it work with Windows 2003 with VS.NET 2003?

Can we more than one aspnet_wp.exe ?

Thanks,
Vikram