Can't Validate Schema Problem

AJM

I am having a problem getting the schema validation to work. Using
any of the samples, i.e. SAXCount DOMCount DOMPrint etc, when trying
to run the v=always option and then using the personal-schema.xml as
the input file. The personal.xml file works fine of course, as shown
in the all the documentation, but it uses the .dtd file. The
personal-schema.xml file uses the personal.xsd file to validate it.
Now I'm not sure if this in fact is the intended result, maybe that it
doesnt validate like I expect. What I would expect is that the parser
would determine the use of the xsd file, build up a proper grammar
syntax and then verify the .xml file is using it, or maybe even vice
versa if that is the design. I've used all the other command line
flags to get another result, but yields the same thing everytime, of
course switch the v=xxxx flag to anything other than always, it works
but I can't determine why, because even the auto flag should find the
schema file link. I'm running on Mac OSX with version source version
2.3.0. Any help would be appreciated.