Capturing data from other webpage

Shahid Juma

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right forum to post but I was wondering if
anybody has done something like this. I have a website which has a form and
the form results gets submitted to a third party site which displays
information based on the entry. Is it possible to do it so the form results
gets submitted to the third party site but in a way capture the results and
show them on my website in the format that I want?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Shahid
(remove NOSPAM from the email address when replying to my email address)

Mitja

Shahid Juma said:
Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right forum to post but I was wondering
if anybody has done something like this. I have a website which has a
form and the form results gets submitted to a third party site which
displays information based on the entry. Is it possible to do it so
the form results gets submitted to the third party site but in a way
capture the results and show them on my website in the format that I
want?

It can highly probably be done with server-side scripting: your script
visits the other guy's page, extracts the info, reformats it and outputs it.
Copyright considerations left aside, it can also be quite slow. Is linking
to the third-party side really not OK in your case?

Shahid Juma

It can highly probably be done with server-side scripting: your script
visits the other guy's page, extracts the info, reformats it and outputs it.
Copyright considerations left aside, it can also be quite slow. Is linking
to the third-party side really not OK in your case?

Would you know of anything like this done in ASP then? Linking is working
but the whole site is just links, so want to make it seem like you are still
on my site. As for copyright, they have allowed it.....

Thanks,

Shahid Juma said:
Would you know of anything like this done in ASP then? Linking is
working but the whole site is just links, so want to make it seem
like you are still on my site. As for copyright, they have allowed
it.....

Don't know anything about ASP, but this seems useful to me:
http://www.brettb.com/HTTPWithPerlScriptAndASP.asp

If you'll do any more searching HTTP is the keyword here, because your
script has to use this protocol in order to "visit" the desired pages.