Capturing identity of the user

talk_positive

Hi...

I have made a asp page that accepts some data from user and stores it in MS
Access database. Now...I want to identify the user who filled the form and
store this information in database. About the enviornment....the server has
Windows 2000 server installed. Clients have Windows XP. Server also has
Exchange 2003 installed and every client has Outlook Express installed. Every
user has to login to his account inorder to use a machine. A given user can
login on any machine.

How can i find the identity of the user who submitted the form? Is it
possible to find out the current logged in user given the IP address of the

machine? If yes, how and will there be any chances of error due to delay in
replication?

Since ASP can use 'com' components on server, i think there should be some
way to achive this. What do you think? For any clarifications post a reply or
mail me at (e-mail address removed)

Thanks in advance....

- Anoop

Curt_C [MVP]

1) Turn off anonymous auth and make the user login.
2) setup user/pass for each user

You can't, not reliably, reverse IP to get name, nor can you use machine
name.