Cartesian to lat and lon

Andrew Rich

Hello

I have had success going from lat and lon to bearing and distance from a
known point.

Now I have a need to go the other way.

Given a known point, and given the bearing and distance, calculate the lat
and lon.

Ideas ?

Maybe there is a module that does this ?

Andrew

Mark Clements

Andrew said:
Hello

I have had success going from lat and lon to bearing and distance from a
known point.

Now I have a need to go the other way.

Given a known point, and given the bearing and distance, calculate the lat
and lon.

Ideas ?

Maybe there is a module that does this ?
search.cpan.org

Mark

Zed Pobre

Andrew Rich said:
I have had success going from lat and lon to bearing and distance from a
known point.

Now I have a need to go the other way.

Given a known point, and given the bearing and distance, calculate the lat
and lon.

Ideas ?

Maybe there is a module that does this ?

I suspect that what you want is Geo::Direction::Distance.

If it isn't, searching CPAN for "Geo Distance" should bring up quite a
few other tools.

Jim Gibson

Andrew Rich said:
Hello

I have had success going from lat and lon to bearing and distance from a
known point.

Now I have a need to go the other way.

Given a known point, and given the bearing and distance, calculate the lat
and lon.

Ideas ?

Maybe there is a module that does this ?

There are several. I wrote one called Geo::Ellipsoid and submitted it
to CPAN. I have been using it for several years. I would be glad to
help you with it if you have any problems using it.

Other modules that do the same thing are Geo::Forward and
Geo::Direction::Distance. They all give comparable results, according
to my admittedly short tests.