cascade dropdown lists

cgian31

I have implemented a website where in a page are represented the data
of one record, using cascade dropdown lists in 2 levels, within the
same page/record.

According to the selection in the first dropdown (parent), the
available choices in the second one (child) change.
It works pretty well, except for the fact that when I retrieve an
existing record the second dropdown list is not correctly updated to
display the entry selected at the creation of the record, but it is
always displaying the first one of the entries.

Through the debugger I have realized that when the code-behind is
executed, the databind of the dropdown has not been done yet, therefore
the needed entries are not available to be selected at that moment.
Maybe because I have implemented them using the Visual Studio drag and
drop features for the datasources of dropdownlists?