CDONTS Problem - no error msg

Janet

I verified that CDONTS and SMTP are supported by the server. I do not
receive an error message when I open the following ASP page nor do I
receive an email. I used response.write to verify that it creates a
recordset. As always, any help is appreciated. Code is as follows:

<!-- #INCLUDE FILE="adovbs.inc" -->
<%

Dim objNewMail ' Our CDO object
Dim strTo ' Strings to hold our email fields
Dim strFrom
Dim strSubject
Dim strBody
Dim objConn

strFrom = "(e-mail address removed)"
strSubject = "!! Alert: Resource Brokering Request Expiration !!"

Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
objConn.ConnectionTimeout = 15
objConn.CommandTimeout = 30

Dim strConnString

strConnString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=" & _
Server.MapPath("includes\database.mdb") & ";"
strSQL = "SELECT RECRUITER_EMAIL, JOB_FILE_NBR FROM RB_REQUEST WHERE
EXPIR_DT=#" & Date()+1 & "#"

Set rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
rs.Open strSQL, strConnString, adOpenKeyset, adLockPessimistic,
adCmdText

Do While Not RS.EOF
strTo = RS.Fields("RECRUITER_EMAIL")
strJob = RS.Fields("JOB_FILE_NBR")

strBody = "The Resource Brokering Request for Job File Number " &
strJob & vbCrLf _
& " will expire in 24 hours. Please extend the expiration date for
this request if necessary."

Set objNewMail = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")
objNewMail.From = strFrom
objNewMail.To = strTo
objNewMail.Subject = strSubject
objNewMail.Body = strBody
'objCDO.Send
Set objNewMail = Nothing

RS.MoveNext
Loop

%>

Ray at

Two things I see right at a glance.

1. You have your send command commented out.
2. If you were to uncomment that command, you'd be trying to send objCDO
instead of objNewMail.

Ray at work

Mike

Try this page first.

<%
Set objEmail = CreateObject("CDO.Message")
objEmail.From = "(e-mail address removed)"
objEmail.To = "<your email address>"
objEmail.Subject = "cdotest"
objEmail.HTMLbody = Test
objEmail.Send