cdosys with windows 2003 error

dmalhotr2001

Hi,

I'm using windows 2003 with asp. However I'm having problems sending
email using the cdosys object.

My code is below and I don't believe its the code but on the send
command.

<%
dim sch
dim cdoConfig
dim cdoMessage

sch = "http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/"
Set cdoConfig = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")
cdoConfig.Fields.Item(sch & "sendusing") = 2
cdoConfig.Fields.Item(sch & "smtpserver") = "127.0.0.1"
cdoConfig.fields.update

Set cdoMessage = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Message")
Set cdoMessage.Configuration = cdoConfig
cdoMessage.From = "(e-mail address removed)"
cdoMessage.To = "(e-mail address removed)"
cdoMessage.Subject = "Sample CDONTS NewMail"
cdoMessage.TextBody = "This is a test for CDONTS message"
cdoMessage.Send
Set cdoMessage = Nothing
Set cdoConfig = Nothing
%>

error '8004020f'
/tad/testing.asp, line 30

I'm not sure what's wrong. When I go to my SMTP Virtual Server
settings in IIS --> Properties --> Delivery --> Advanced .

The FQDN is localhost and the smarthost is blank.

Any expertise/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

:D

Jeff Cochran

Does anyone know if CDOSYS is supported in Longhorn??

Longhorn hasn't been released, or even entered Beta. *Nothing* is
supported or unsupported at this time.

Jeff