CDO.MESSAGE

rn5a

I am trying to send mails through ASP using CDO.MESSAGE but I don't
know why I am always getting the following error message:

Cannot modify or delete an object that was added using the COM+ Admin
SDK.

This is the code:

<%
Dim strMsg,sch,cdoConfig,cdoMessage

strMsg="Hello how are you?"
sch="http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/"
Set cdoConfig=Server.CreateObject("CDO.CONFIGURATION")
With cdoConfig.Fields
.Item(sch & "sendusing")=2
.Item(sch & "smtpserver")="smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk"
.Item(sch & "smtpserverport")=25
.Update
End With

Set cdoMessage=Server.CreateObject("CDO.MESSAGE")
Set cdoMessage.Configuration=cdoConfig

cdoMessage.From="(e-mail address removed)"
cdoMessage.To="(e-mail address removed)"
cdoMessage.Subject="Hello"
cdoMessage.HtmlBody=strMsg
cdoMessage.Send

Set cdoMessage=Nothing
Set cdoConfig=Nothing
%>

The error points to the cdoMessage.Send line. Can someone please give
me some idea on what I could be missing?

I have gone through numerous posts & articles since last 2 days but
couldn't resolve the issue. So somebody please help me....I need a
solution urgently.

Please note that the Yahoo SMTP server & the 2 e-mail ids do exist.

Rob^_^

Hi rn,

A guess... You need the server and the CDO(nts) object on the same
machine...

Looks like MS is quite rightly blocking hackers from piping email through
their smtp servers.

Regards.