Once Again

rn5a

I had posted this query about 3 days back but having got no response
yet, I am posting the same query again since I need to resolve the
issue urgently. Sorry for the same... I have already lost quite a lot
of time pondering on this issue without any positive outcome.

I am trying to send mails through ASP using CDO.MESSAGE but I don't
know why I am always getting the following error message:

Cannot modify or delete an object that was added using the COM+ Admin
SDK.

This is the code (the usual standard code for sending mails using
ASP....nothing more than that):

<%
Dim strMsg,sch,cdoConfig,cdoMessage

strMsg="Hello how are you?"
sch="http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/"
Set cdoConfig=Server.CreateObject("CDO.CONFIGURATION")
With cdoConfig.Fields
.Item(sch & "sendusing")=2
.Item(sch & "smtpserver")="smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk"
.Item(sch & "smtpserverport")=25
.Update
End With

Set cdoMessage=Server.CreateObject("CDO.MESSAGE")
Set cdoMessage.Configuration=cdoConfig

cdoMessage.From="(e-mail address removed)"
cdoMessage.To="(e-mail address removed)"
cdoMessage.Subject="Hello"
cdoMessage.HtmlBody=strMsg
cdoMessage.Send

Set cdoMessage=Nothing
Set cdoConfig=Nothing
%>

The error points to the cdoMessage.Send line. Can someone please give
me some idea on what I could be missing?

I have gone through numerous posts & articles since last 4 days but
couldn't resolve the issue; all my efforts were in vain & went down
the drain. So somebody please help me....I need a solution urgently.

Please note that the Yahoo SMTP server & the 2 e-mail ids do exist &
are very much VALID.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

[...]

Try without this last line, i.e., without setting the port.

rn5a

Try without this last line, i.e., without setting the port.
--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
quicker response by posting to the newsgroup.- Hide quoted text -

That doesn't make any difference, Sir. Any other suggestions?

Pleeeeeeeeease help me resolve this problem......I earnestly beg
you.....

Anthony Jones

That doesn't make any difference, Sir. Any other suggestions?

Pleeeeeeeeease help me resolve this problem......I earnestly beg
you.....

It seems highly unlikely that yahoo are going to have an open mail port in
this way. You are going to need to authenticate as a user. Do you have
some logon credentials provided to you?

Can you imagine the SPAM abuse this would get otherwise.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

It seems highly unlikely that yahoo are going to have an open mail
port in this way.
abuse this would get otherwise.

Damn! I missed that! Good catch.
<note to self: read the posts more carefully!>

rn5a

abuse this would get otherwise.

Damn! I missed that! Good catch.
<note to self: read the posts more carefully!>
--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

I got it. What I was missing were the following 3 lines within With
cdoConfig.Fields:

..Item(sch & "smtpauthenticate")=1
..Item(sch & "sendusername")="myusername"
..Item(sch & "sendpassword")="mypassword"

Thanks for all your inputs,

Regards,

RON