CDuce 0.2.0

Alain Frisch

I'm pleased to announce the long-awaited CDuce 0.2.0 release.

CDuce is a strongly typed functional language adapted to the manipulation
of XML documents, with a powerful pattern matching construction,
first-class and overloaded functions, and general-purpose features. CDuce
is fast, type-safe, and conforms to basic XML standards.

More information about CDuce:

http://www.cduce.org/

Source distribution (distributed under the QPL license):

http://www.cduce.org/download.html

A GODI (http://www.ocaml-programming.de/godi/) package is available (under
the name apps-cduce). This is the recommended way to build CDuce from
sources. Packages and ports for other systems (Redhat, Debian, Mac OS X,
FreeBSD, WinXP) will come later.

W.r.t. CDuce 0.1.1, the release adds separate compilation, a
preliminary implementation of an XML query language, and several other
improvements. The release also includes a new type-safe
interface with the OCaml language (http://caml.inria.fr/):

http://www.cduce.org/manual_interfacewithocaml.html

This interface allows:
1- to use existing OCaml libraries within CDuce, and
2- to project an OCaml signature (.cmi) to a CDuce unit in order to use
it in a mixed OCaml-CDuce project.

Interested people are invited to join the CDuce users mailing list:

http://www.cduce.org/mailing.html

Enjoy, and let us know about your experience !

Alain Frisch, on behalf of the CDuce team (http://www.cduce.org/team.html)