CGI::Session Problem

Adam Hurlburt

Hello,

I am creating my own random 16 digit session_id and am passing the id
through the cgi params to keep track of it. The problem is that the
session_id does not seem to be set.

The following is in a login.rb code where i initially create the
session:

where sid is some 16 char string

cgi = CGI.new("html4")

session = CGI::Session.new(cgi, 'new_session' => true, 'prefix' =>
'sid.', 'session_id' => sid)

session.close

the session is creating but with the ruby generated session_id! This is
driving me nuts the prefix is there but my session id is not being set
properly.

Any ideas???