    language to Arabic from control panel and changed also the numbering
    style to indic(arabic) numbers .. but the JTextField still using the
    common numbers (012345...) what shall i do ?

    Alex Nazarian, Oct 27, 2004

  2. A JTextField will display whatever text is stored in it. If you set its
    value to "1234567890" programmatically, or if a user enters such a
    string into its UI, then that's what will be displayed. Likewise, if
    you set its value to contain indic digits, either programmatically or
    through its UI, then that's what will be displayed. (Presuming in both
    cases that the font in use contains the necessary characters). I'm not
    sure why you would expect anything different.

    John Bollinger

    John C. Bollinger, Oct 28, 2004