changing input text

Alex Nazarian

Hi mates
i have a small question
i used the setComponentOrientation of class JTextField to change the
direction of text writing to right to left , i set the default input
language to Arabic from control panel and changed also the numbering
style to indic(arabic) numbers .. but the JTextField still using the
common numbers (012345...) what shall i do ?

John C. Bollinger

Alex said:
Hi mates
i have a small question
i used the setComponentOrientation of class JTextField to change the
direction of text writing to right to left , i set the default input
language to Arabic from control panel and changed also the numbering
style to indic(arabic) numbers .. but the JTextField still using the
common numbers (012345...) what shall i do ?

A JTextField will display whatever text is stored in it. If you set its
value to "1234567890" programmatically, or if a user enters such a
string into its UI, then that's what will be displayed. Likewise, if
you set its value to contain indic digits, either programmatically or
through its UI, then that's what will be displayed. (Presuming in both
cases that the font in use contains the necessary characters). I'm not
sure why you would expect anything different.

John Bollinger
(e-mail address removed)