Changing Print Options

Adrian

Hi,

I have an asp.net (v2) webpage with has a print button on
it, I would like to change two local print settings automatically when it is
pressed and change them back after it has printed. The settings I want to
change are portrait to landscape and to select print background colours and
images.

Can this be done? if so how?

Thanks

Eliyahu Goldin

You can set print background colors and images. You can do it either with
css styles (google on something like "css print background" and you will
find a lot of articles on that) or with javascript events onbeforeprint and
onafterprint.

You can't change to landscape since it is a local printer's setting which
you can't set from a web page unless you allow a special security or employ
an ActiveX.

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer & Consultant