Checking for new or popup window and activating close button

andrewkooi

Greetings,

I do not know whether such code exist but no harm asking:

Is it possible for me to make visible a close button if the active
window is a popup window or a new window (other than the main window)?

What I mean is this:

If the present window is the main window, then the close button should
not be visible on the page. Otherwise, the close button should be made
visible and active (i.e. can be clicked to close the window).

Any help is much appreciated.

Andrew
(e-mail address removed)

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

andrewkooi said:
Is it possible for me to make visible a close button if the active
window is a popup window or a new window (other than the main window)?

If that is the case, the "opener" property of the current Window object
is not null, otherwise it is a reference to the opener Window object.
(e-mail address removed)

Put this in your Reply-To header.

HTH

PointedEars