checklink - perl warnings

qwelk179

I obtained checklink v4.4 from:
http://validator.w3.org/docs/checklink.html

Using ActiveState Perl 5.8.4 build 810 on Windows 2000 SP4, I ran
the script. (I first had to remove the T option from the first
line of the checklink script to get it to run in this
environment, otherwise it reports 'Too late for "-T" option at
checklink line 1.' Then I had to download some module (I forget
which one) via ppm before it would run.)

I am running it to check a local file, via:

perl checklink -v mydoc.html

Some links produce perl warnings. Here's a portion showing the
problem (command screen capture):

Checking link http://ecr_server/ecr2106_general_details
HEAD http://ecr_server/ecr2106_general_details Argument "25Content-Type:
text/ht
ml" isn't numeric in numeric lt (<) at
C:/Perl/site/lib/Net/HTTP/Methods.pm line
482.
Argument "25Content-Type: text/html" isn't numeric in subtraction (-) at
C:/Perl
/site/lib/Net/HTTP/Methods.pm line 485.
fetched in 1.2s
Return code: 200

The script seems to work, it reported some problems that I have
now fixed, it now completes with no problems reported in the
checked document. There are no other perl warnings.

What might be causing these warnings?

qwelk179

Christian Winter said:
qwelk179 said:
I obtained checklink v4.4 from:
http://validator.w3.org/docs/checklink.html
[...]

I am running it to check a local file, via:

perl checklink -v mydoc.html

Some links produce perl warnings. Here's a portion showing the
problem (command screen capture):

Checking link http://ecr_server/ecr2106_general_details
HEAD http://ecr_server/ecr2106_general_details Argument "25Content-Type:
text/ht
ml" isn't numeric in numeric lt (<) at
C:/Perl/site/lib/Net/HTTP/Methods.pm line
482.
Argument "25Content-Type: text/html" isn't numeric in subtraction (-) at
C:/Perl
/site/lib/Net/HTTP/Methods.pm line 485.
fetched in 1.2s
Return code: 200

This looks like the server (ecr_server) produces an invalid
response, i.e. missing newline after the Content_Length
header.

HTH
-Christian

Thank you very much. I contacted the owner of the server, hopefully they
will get it fixed.