CherryPy vs Bluehost

Glenn Linderman

So, I'm locked into a Bluehost contract for a couple years. Was using
Perl when I signed up. Only took a few hours to get my site moved from
my previous host, also cPanel based... a few tweaks and it was running.
They seem to be OK, but their help forums are pretty sparse... no
references to cherrypy there...

So I'm wondering if anyone can tell me the best (or only) way to
configure cherrypy to run on bluehost. I've read the cherrypy wiki
about various ways to configure cherrypy to run behind Apache, which
bluehost uses, but it seemed like the methods required access to the
main apache configuration file, rather than just .htaccess. I can only
tweak .htaccess, with my account, so far as I know.

I'm also interested in how to set up cherrypy to work on Google App
Engine. I'm happy to poke around and try things, if necessary, but if
there are pages describing these things, it could save time. There's a
release note that says it does, but not how to do such an installation.

I've got most of my site running locally using cherrypy now, would like
to extend it in various ways, and I like the cherrypy model of doing
things, better than having index.cgi files scattered around, and forms
referencing bunches of .cgi files.

P.S.

The cherrypy-users Google group moderator must be on vacation... I tried
posting there a couple days ago, and so far my post is still held for
moderation, I guess. Emailed the group owner... no response yet... it
_is_ holiday time, of course.

Anyway, if anyone has an active cherrypy-users account and can repost
this there if that would bring more enlightened responses, I'd
appreciate that; I can see that group, just not post, yet.