Class not Registered Exception

Marco Herrn

Hi,

I am developing an ASP.NET application with C#. The application itself uses
the Active Directory. That all worked fine, but since some days I always get
the error "System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Class not
registered". This happens for example on such places:

[COMException (0x80040154): Class not registered
]
System.DirectoryServices.Interop.IAds.GetEx(String bstrName) +0
System.DirectoryServices.PropertyValueCollection.PopulateList() +234
System.DirectoryServices.PropertyCollection.get_Item(String propertyName)
+45
tools.ADTools.userMustChangePwdOnLogon(DirectoryEntry userEntry) in
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\amt\sharp\tools\ADTools.cs:229

The line in the code that throws the error (in ADTools) is:

if (userEntry.Properties["pwdLastSet"].Value == null)

That happens on other places, too. I have no idea why. I also reverted the
code to state of a few days ago, but the error still occurs, so it doesn't
seem to come from my code. Any ideas what is wrong here?

Regards

Marco