AzMan - Class not registered COMException

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble with using AzMan on Win2000.
Following the steps detailed in the article below,
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms998336.aspx

I've downloaded and installed the Windows 2000 Authorization Manager Runtime on my Win2k server SP4 machine, with MSXML 6.0 installed. I've also added the Azroles.dll into the GAC thru the .NET framework 2.0 configuration tool.

I've also created a data store xml, and added the appropriate tags to my web.config.

When I load the webpage, the following error is thrown:

----------------------------
Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[COMException (0x80040154): Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))]

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
System.RuntimeType.InvokeDispMethod(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Object target, Object[] args, Boolean[] byrefModifiers, Int32 culture, String[] namedParameters) +0
System.RuntimeType.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags bindingFlags, Binder binder, Object target, Object[] providedArgs, ParameterModifier[] modifiers, CultureInfo culture, String[] namedParams) +2501232
System.Type.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object target, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture) +31
System.Web.Security.AuthorizationStoreRoleProvider.CallMethod(Object objectToCallOn, String methodName, Object[] args) +178
System.Web.Security.AuthorizationStoreRoleProvider.InitApp() +1489
System.Web.Security.AuthorizationStoreRoleProvider.GetClientContext(String userName) +13
System.Web.Security.AuthorizationStoreRoleProvider.GetRolesForUserCore(String username) +54
System.Web.Security.AuthorizationStoreRoleProvider.GetRolesForUser(String username) +68
System.Web.Security.RolePrincipal.IsInRole(String role) +272
System.Web.Configuration.AuthorizationRule.IsTheUserInAnyRole(StringCollection roles, IPrincipal principal) +120
System.Web.Configuration.AuthorizationRule.IsUserAllowed(IPrincipal user, String verb) +300
System.Web.Configuration.AuthorizationRuleCollection.IsUserAllowed(IPrincipal user, String verb) +191
System.Web.Security.UrlAuthorizationModule.OnEnter(Object source, EventArgs eventArgs) +3395006
System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +92
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +64

-------------------------

It sounds like the AzMan runtime wasn't installed properly, or am I wrong here? Has someone encountered similar problems before? Thanks in advance :-(

Ask a Question