Sudden problem with AzMan

Mathieu Cartoixa

Hi all,

I don't really know where to ask this : it must be more related to the
AzMan interop assembly than to ASP .NET, but I could find no forum for
that. Feel free to redirect me to a more appropriate place.

Problem : ASP .NET application that used to work on my machine and now
does not due to an internal error in AuthorizationStoreRoleProvider. At
startup, I get (stack trace abreviated for sake of readability) :

[ArgumentException: Paramètre incorrect. (Exception de HRESULT :
0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))]

[TargetInvocationException: Une exception a été levée par la cible d'un
appel.]
S.R.InvokeDispMethod(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Object
target, Object[] args, Boolean[] byrefModifiers, Int32 culture, String[]
namedParameters) +0
S.R.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags bindingFlags, Binder
binder, Object target, Object[] providedArgs, ParameterModifier[]
modifiers, CultureInfo culture, String[] namedParams) +1628
S.T.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder
binder, Object target, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture) +56
S.W.S.AuthorizationStoreRoleProvider.CallMethod(Object
objectToCallOn, String methodName, Object[] args) +246
S.W.S.AuthorizationStoreRoleProvider.InitApp() +2230
S.W.S.AuthorizationStoreRoleProvider.GetClientContext(String
userName) +31
S.W.S.AuthorizationStoreRoleProvider.GetRolesForUserCore(String
username) +124
S.W.S.AuthorizationStoreRoleProvider.GetRolesForUser(String
username) +89
S.W.S.RolePrincipal.IsInRole(String role) +231

I think the method that is called and throws the inner exception is
Microsoft.Interop.Security.AzRoles.AzAuthorizationStoreClass.Initialize.
The problem with TargetInvocationException is that there is no way (to
my knowledge) to find the real cause of the problem.
The application is still working on other environments (which means :
not on my machine). I was unable to track the difference between the
working environment and the troubled one. I tried to uninstall a few
applications I had installed recently, I tried to reinstall the Windows
2000 AzMan Runtime, to register the PIAs again, to no avail. I even
tried to regsvr32 the azroles.dll, which popped an error dialog (which
may be the correct behavior...).

My current system is Windows XP SP3, VS2005 SP1.

Thanks in advance for any hint.

Mathieu Cartoixa