Classic asp and IIS 6.0

anon

In our application we need to increase the session timeout to 2 hours when
the user requests a certain page.
We use the following code to do that.
Session.Timeout = 120
This works fine on IIS 5.0.
After we moved the application to IIS 6.0 the session timeout does increase
when the page in executed. It logs the user out after 20 mins which is the
default.
Is there any setting on IIS 6.0 which we need to change ?

Thanks for your help.

Anthony Jones

anon said:
In our application we need to increase the session timeout to 2 hours when
the user requests a certain page.
We use the following code to do that.
Session.Timeout = 120
This works fine on IIS 5.0.
After we moved the application to IIS 6.0 the session timeout does increase
when the page in executed. It logs the user out after 20 mins which is the
default.
Is there any setting on IIS 6.0 which we need to change ?

Thanks for your help.

By default an application pool will be configured to shutdown after 20
minutes if it has been idle. To absolutely sure that the user gets the full
allotted period of timeout this value needs to be the same or larger than
the session timeout.

You can find it by first checking which application pool your application is
assigned to in the application folders propeties home directory tab
(probably DefaultAppPool).

The open the properties of the pool. On the performance tab change the idle
timeout.