Classic ASP, CDO.Message, and Server2012

Neil Gould

I've been trying to sort through issues that prevent outgoing mail from ASP
pages since the host service upgraded to Server2012 a week ago. I am curious
about changes to the way CDO.Message is handled under the new OS.
Particularly:

Does Server2012 now *require* setting CDO.Configuration parameters, or are
there settings that make such things as passing port, connection timeout,
etc. unnecessary?

Is there any reason why the same code running in two different directories
(folders) on a site would work differently if such things as write
permissions are the same for both and there are no path dependencies in the
code?

TIA