Classic ASP on Server2012

Neil Gould

Our site's host recently "upgraded" to Server2012, and for the most part,
the portions based on Classic ASP function properly. However, some do not,
so I'm wondering if there is a good place to ask some questions about the
new OS?

TIA

Evertjan.

Neil Gould wrote on 05 jan 2013 in
Our site's host recently "upgraded" to Server2012, and for the most
part, the portions based on Classic ASP function properly. However,
some do not, so I'm wondering if there is a good place to ask some
questions about the new OS?

This is a perfect place for asking.

However, if it is perfect for getting answers on this subject,
remains to be seen.

Perhaps better or also ask as IIS NG?

Is there really another classic ASP version on Server2012
than on Server 8?
It still seems to be IIS-8?

<http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831387.aspx>

<http://www.iis.net/>

Neil Gould

Evertjan. said:
Neil Gould wrote on 05 jan 2013 in

This is a perfect place for asking.

However, if it is perfect for getting answers on this subject,
remains to be seen.

Perhaps better or also ask as IIS NG?

Is there really another classic ASP version on Server2012
than on Server 8?
It still seems to be IIS-8?

<http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh831387.aspx>

http://www.iis.net/
Thanks for the links, Evertjan. The technet link gave me some insight into
why I haven't gotten error messages for failed functions, and I'll be
exploring that with the host. Everything except CDO.message seems to work
now, so I might have some questions about how that might be handled
differently in Server2012.