How do I load my "Hello World" ASP in a browser?

Joined
Aug 17, 2021
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
How do I load my "Hello World" ASP in a browser?

Classic ASP, I believe, is fundamentally a feature of IIS. I have gone through the steps of setting up my first test page to be loaded in my browser but it does not come up.

I currently have a "Default Web Site" and a "Test for Learning" listed in my list of "Sites" in the Connections panel of my IIS.

part_2_04.PNG

I assigned my "Test For Learning" site to port 79.

part_2_06.PNG

But when I click on the link, the browser does not load the page for some reason

part_2_03.PNG

For comparison, here is the Default Web Site:

part_2_05.PNG

part_2_02.PNG

Please advise or ask any clarifying questions.

Attachments

  • part_2_06.PNG
    part_2_06.PNG
    25.1 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Joined
Jul 12, 2020
Messages
89
Reaction score
9
see the ERR_UNSAFE_PORT message? my guess is an application closed the port. search "change firewall port settings" for the browser or system in question. Or you could try the ol' way of using:
Code:
<script type="text/asp" language="asp">

</script>
the script element was initially created to allow varying types of code not just javascript but also python, asp, c++ etc. I'm not sure if it still does or not.