Newbie: error loading Hello World

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Guest, Oct 3, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hello,

    Help! I've been developing an ASP 2.0 app locally. Now when I want to
    upload to a web hosting company, I am getting errors. I have never dealt
    with the web hosting company before and this is my first ASP venture.

    I created a small Hello world program and uploaded Default.aspx and
    Default.aspx.cs to the domain.
    When I run I get an error ( see below).
    It complains about inheriting "_Default" which is in the Default.aspx.cs
    file. ( I put both of these in the domain folder.).
    Is this correct? Do they belong in some special folder ( there is a bin
    folder but not sure what it is).

    Thanks,
    bruce

    Error ----------------------------------------->

    Server Error in '/' Application
    Parser Error

    An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this
    request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify
    your source file appropriately.

    Parser Error Message: Could not load type '_Default'.

    Line 1: <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true"
    CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %>

    Guest, Oct 3, 2007

  2. You have to compile your app and copy /bin folder instead of
    Default.aspx.cs

    Alexey Smirnov, Oct 3, 2007