Parser Error Message: Could not load type '_Default'.

3

3Dfelix

Hello, I'm starting with Visual Web Developper and ASP.NET 2.0.

In order to test my remote server, I created an "hello word" aplication,
that is working on local server. I have copied all document to remote server
using FTP.

The error that I have is the following:

Server Error in '/w1' Application.

Parser Error

Parser Error Message: Could not load type '_Default'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true"
CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %>
Line 2:
Line 3: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN"

Source File: /w1/Default.aspx Line: 1

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.40607.42; ASP.NET
Version:2.0.40607.42

Could someone helping me with this error? Manythanks.

tdavisjr

Make sure you configure your application folder on the remote server as
a virtual directory (or application folder). Some hosters allow you to
do this.

3

3Dfelix

Hi,

I have the 3 files:
default.aspx and default.aspx.cs is a test with "hello world"
the other file is
default2.aspx, with the same code embeded. This work correctly, the other
with code behind gives the error message: