Parser Error Message: Could not load type..

Jonathan Crawford

Hi

I have had theis error four a week now.
I am completely questioning my future as a ms programmer.
As far as i am aware I have done nothing wrong.
The site worked for 4 years in .Net 1 and iI never has a trouble loading it.

I converted to .Net 2 two months ago and also had no trouble loading it.
Now when I change the site I publish it and get this error (see below)
The bin directory is fine, the site works on my local machine fine and on
our
IIS server in the office.

I put it live and I get this error message. (see at the bottom)
I have published manually and using the publish method
I have put the site on other external servers
and sometimes they work and sometimes they don't (same error)
Last week I uploaded the bin directory for about the thousandth time
and it happend to work. I had to add a single page today and I get this
catestrpophic
failure.

I should point out the ISP is entirely uncooperative

I don't know what to do. I have spent days trawling for help. I have done
this.
http://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh/archive/2005/04/25/37610.aspx

My customer is furious and I just want to go and do someting else for a
living
because it is just not worth the pain.

I would be grateful cfor any help

thanks

jc

Server Error in '/' Application.
Parser Error

Parser Error Message: Could not load type
'Tgsi.CortijoRomero.Website.Footer'.
Source Error:
Line 1: <%@ Control Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false"
Codebehind="Footer.ascx.vb" Inherits="Tgsi.CortijoRomero.Website.Footer"
TargetSchema="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5" %>
Line 2: <div id="pageOuterFooter">
Line 3: <div id="pageInnerFooter">
Source File: /UserControls/Footer.ascx Line: 1