Classic ASP not working

Dale

I am developing on WXP SP1 with VS.Net 2003 and VS6 installed. I cannot get
my localhost webserver to render any classic ASP pages. ASP.Net and standard
HTML works.

If I request an ASP page from localhost the browser hangs for several
minutes before just doing nothing. The status bar says the website is found
but nothing is ever downloaded.

I have verified the mappings in the IIS manager and I have re-registered the
ASP.DLL. I am now at a complete loss.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

John Blessing

Dale said:
I am developing on WXP SP1 with VS.Net 2003 and VS6 installed. I cannot
get
my localhost webserver to render any classic ASP pages. ASP.Net and
standard
HTML works.

If I request an ASP page from localhost the browser hangs for several
minutes before just doing nothing. The status bar says the website is
found
but nothing is ever downloaded.

I have verified the mappings in the IIS manager and I have re-registered
the
ASP.DLL. I am now at a complete loss.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Make sure your antivirus software doesn't have "Script Block" enabled.

--
John Blessing

businesses
for your meeting/class over the web.
http://www.lbetoolbox.com - Remove Duplicates from MS Outlook, find/replace,
send newsletters

[MSFT]

Hello,

In IIS Manager, right click your web site and select "Properties"; On tab
"Home Directory", Click "Configration" button; In the "application
Extesions" list, is "\Windows\System32\inetsrv\asp.dll" registered for
".ASP"?

Also, if you are working with IIS 6.0, In IIS Manager\Web Service
Extensions, Is "Active Server Pages" set "Allowed"?

Luke

Dale

I am not sure what happened. I didn't change anything while troubleshooting;
all the settings I checked were correct. Suddenly it began working.

I am using xp pro; I can't say for sure about the anti-virus - we're in a
large 30,000+ environment and anti-virus settings are all controlled by a
different group. All I know is that ASP pages worked fine for 2 years since
this pc was last rebuilt; the association of asp files to asp.dll was also
correct.

Before posting my question here, I had rebooted several times, trying to
find anything but had no luck - always the same problem. Then, all of a
sudden, it just started working again, and that was not even right after a
reboot.. it was some time later.

Thanks all for your help.

Dale