client/server smart client recommendation?

Chris Bordeman

Hi all. I need to create an app that runs both at individual client PCs, on
the client's on-site server, and on a main server depending on network
connectivity, probably w/ database replication.

What technologies should I use so that the software running on all three
locations looks the same, scales from the single PC to the site server, to a
master off-site server, WITHOUT writing different software for each "tier?"
Moreover, the # of tiers could increase.

I'm guessing WPF and SQL Express / Server to start...

Mark Rae [MVP]

Hi all. I need to create an app that runs both at individual client PCs,
on the client's on-site server, and on a main server depending on network
connectivity, probably w/ database replication.

What technologies should I use so that the software running on all three
locations looks the same, scales from the single PC to the site server, to
a master off-site server, WITHOUT writing different software for each
"tier?" Moreover, the # of tiers could increase.

I'm guessing WPF and SQL Express / Server to start...

Is there ever any likelihood that any user of the system will not have
access to the public Internet...?

If not, why not just provide the system over the web?