close internet explorer with onbeforeunload

haldaqqaq

I used to have onbeforeunload (Javascript) on the a BODY Tag so when
the user (x) close Internet explorer it will call the logoff function.
But after I ran microsoft update on Beginging of Augest, 2006 this
function does not work anymore.
Please advice

Randy Webb

(e-mail address removed) said the following on 8/15/2006 9:15 AM:
I used to have onbeforeunload (Javascript) on the a BODY Tag so when
the user (x) close Internet explorer it will call the logoff function.
But after I ran microsoft update on Beginging of Augest, 2006 this
function does not work anymore.
Please advice

Fix your server code so that it handles it properly.
What happens if the user loses power? You still won't get the logoffuser
called....

ulrich kautz

I used to have onbeforeunload (Javascript) on the a BODY Tag so when
the user (x) close Internet explorer it will call the logoff function.
But after I ran microsoft update on Beginging of Augest, 2006 this
function does not work anymore.
Please advice

i actually have no up-to-date IEx available right now, but i remember
some older Microsoft-only solution you might try:

<script language="JavaScript" event="onbeforeunload()" for="window">
event.returnValue= "some Message";
</script>

hopefully, it works..

Ulrich Kautz