    either.

    Has anyone else come across this? is it a bug or a new feature?

    Steve

    Torch, Sep 16, 2005

  2. Windows XP Service Pack 2 introduced some fixes/changes for IE 6 that
    might cause cross frame scripting to behave differently, see
    <http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2brows.mspx#EGAA>
    for Microsoft's description.

    Your description above is too short to assess what is happening in your
    case, post a URL where to error occurs and describe to us what has to be
    done to trigger the error.

    Martin Honnen, Sep 16, 2005

  3. Torch

    Torch Guest

    I cant give you access to page with the problem - the application currently
    sits on a secure intranet - its a servlet based system that builds a
    javascript webapp dynamically from a database spec on the server
    The app builds browser windows consisting of some parent html with menu
    functions etc and an iframe that shows a list of rows from a table - the
    windows are linked so that as the user selects a record in one window -
    other child windows refresh their table rows in their respective iframes
    I have tried to strip the problem down to its core to show you but in doing
    so have discovered that the error is actually caused by something else.
    It seems that something is destroying the parent html so that when the
    iframe function does the parent.parentfunc() call it no longer exists and IE
    reports the Object doesnt
    support this property or method". The reason I suspected IE6 is that the
    app has been running for a year without problem. The problem appeared the
    first time it was run after the upgrade to IE6. I will have to do some more
    digging

    Thanks
    Steve

    Torch, Sep 16, 2005