cohabiting html\server-side controls

eNathan

I want to be able to disable\enable controls on the client via client-side
scripting. I'm trying to avoid a postback. I'd like to use HTML and
server-side controls on the same page. In code-behind of "submit button" how
do I get the value of the HTML Controls? How do you provide a "rich"
experience without roundtrips? Can you? What is the prefered way to
architect these pages? Any pointers to whitepapers/docs would be
apprecieated?

Chris Jackson

In order to get at the values of HTML controls, you simply need to include a
runat="server" attribute in the tags, after which you will be able to access
these controls in the same way that you can access your server controls.
Then, you can just JavaScript your heart out to make a nice rich experience,
and pick up all of the values on the other side.