Colspan - rowspan HTML Table

Spartanicus

It all depends on your audience and the objectives of your Web page
content. My audience is quite satisfied with my plain layout according
to the extensive feedback I receive.

James Pickering
http://www.jp29.org/

Good, given that you loudly proclaim the following: "Accessible to
People With Disabilities", you may want to fix the elementary markup
flaws on that page.

Another thing to fix: don't mention the mechanics.

tm

Spartanicus said:
Good, given that you loudly proclaim the following: "Accessible to
People With Disabilities", you may want to fix the elementary markup
flaws on that page.

Another thing to fix: don't mention the mechanics.

And would it kill you to add some porn?

Isofarro

James said:
Sounds to me you've got a sour stomach, sonny.

He's quite right actually - if there's some reason you are proclaiming
accessibility to the disabled, he is right in calling you on it.

Your choice of alt attributes, for instance, is appalling:

* [Pickering Pages logo] -- what possible use is it to know the image is a
logo? "Pickering Pages" is sufficient
* [Viewable in any Browser icon] -- ditto for an icon. "Viewable in any
browser" is sufficient.

Your page structure could use some proper structure. No evidence of
structural headings - one less navigation option for screen reader users.

Lists of links not marked up with a list. Another missed opportunity for
screen reader users. Not a single sign of a paragraph either - even when
there's obvious paragraphs. Words done all in uppercase without a mechanism
for correcting them. Ordered lists without using ol.

Certainly room for improvement - especially on topics like structural
markup.

Although there's obvious signs you haven't tested this in a screen reader,
as this snippit is perfect evidence: "<strong>A</strong>lthough government
officials" (from <url:http://www.jp29.org/2intro.htm> )

The only reason for any rendering in a screen reader is that the page is
virtually text only with no sign of structure. It fails to take advantage
of a screen reader's capabilities, and thus there are obstacles to
accessibility.