Table alignment

OccasionalFlyer

I tried to post this Friday night but for some reason it has not shown
up that I can see, so if that's wrong, sorry.

I'm trying to debug a problem with a group of tables I created to
improve the appearance of information on an annual meeting of an
academic group I'm the volunteer web person for (www.ibr-bbr.org near
the bottom of the page). I'm having two problems with the tables. I
have three main tables and the first of the three contains two tables.
I have two problems that come from the code below.
1. In the first main table I can't get the table header to span 3
columns.

2. After the first inner table, all the following tables are too far
to left and not the same size. Is there a simple way to require them
all to start at the same point. I am guessing the width attribute
would make them all the same size.

Thanks for suggestions.

Ken

font-family: &quot;Times New Roman&quot;,&quot;serif&quot; margin-
left: 0in; margin-right: 0in; margin-top: 0in;">
<th colspan="3">
Nov. 18 - Friday
</th>
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Chair: Ruth Anne Reese, Asbury Theological Seminary, Wilmore, KY
New IBR Research Groups </a>
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Chair: Paul Ferris <BR/> Bethel Seminary, St. Paul, MN
Session #: P18-302 - <a href="emerging.abstract.doc">Emerging
Scholarship on the Old Testament </a>
&nbsp;
7:00 PM Annual Meeting
7:00 PM
Lee McDonald, IBR Presidnt
Welcome
7:05 PM
Robbie Castleman <BR/> John Brown University
Opening Prayer and Scripture Reading
7:20 PM
Danny Carroll
Main Paper
8:20 PM
K. K. Yeo
Responding
<BR/>
<BR/>
<th colspan="3">
Nov. 19 Saturday 8:30 A.M.-12:30 P.M. IBR Morning Session
</th>

I apologize if this looks goofy on your screen. It looks goofy on
mine.

Sjeef

OccasionalFlyer said:
[...]

Errors found while checking this document as XHTML 1.0 Transitional!
Result: 43 Errors, 1 warning(s)

Is it not better to solv this first?

--
Regards,

Gerard Schaefers

Website: http://www.sjeef.eu

' Vergeten' groenten? Nieuwe rubriek:
http://www.sjeef.eu/Nederlands/Recepten/Groenten/00groenten.html

OccasionalFlyer

"OccasionalFlyer" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht

Errors found while checking this document as XHTML 1.0 Transitional!
      Result: 43 Errors, 1 warning(s)

Is it not better to solv this first?

--
Regards,

Gerard Schaefers

Website:http://www.sjeef.eu

' Vergeten' groenten?  Nieuwe rubriek:http://www.sjeef.eu/Nederlands/Recepten/Groenten/00groenten.html- Hide quoted text -

Gerard,

Yes, I'd always rather solve my errors myself first. I don't have a
tool that will parse HTML and tell me errors and when I bring up the
Error Console in FIrefox it doesn't say anything of interest. Thanks.

Ken

dorayme

<[email protected]
m>,

snip long quote
Yes, I'd always rather solve my errors myself first. I don't have a
tool that will parse HTML and tell me errors and when I bring up the
Error Console in FIrefox it doesn't say anything of interest. Thanks.
There is something you *can* do, and that is not quote so much
stuff that no one will read. Even a Google Grouper can do this if
they just try a little.

Sjeef

OccasionalFlyer said:
Gerard,

Yes, I'd always rather solve my errors myself first. I don't have a
tool that will parse HTML and tell me errors and when I bring up the
Error Console in FIrefox it doesn't say anything of interest. Thanks.

Ken

You can validate the HTML and CSS code online with:
http://http://validator.w3.org/