COM and Java; Recommendations Please

Help With COM

We need to instantiate a COM component from Java and are looking at the
various solutions that support this. Here is our list thus far.

http://www.nevaobject.com/_docs/_java2com/java2com.htm
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jcom/
http://j-integra.intrinsyc.com/
http://www.jnbridge.com/

I know that COM was originally a platform agnostic standard, but it
obviously hasn't been utilized as such.

Is there a solution out there that would allow us to instantiate a COM
object utilizing Java in a platform agnostic manner?

Any help is greatly appreciate.

Bill Medland

Help said:
We need to instantiate a COM component from Java and are looking at the
various solutions that support this. Here is our list thus far.

http://www.nevaobject.com/_docs/_java2com/java2com.htm
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jcom/
http://j-integra.intrinsyc.com/
http://www.jnbridge.com/

I know that COM was originally a platform agnostic standard, but it
obviously hasn't been utilized as such.

Is there a solution out there that would allow us to instantiate a COM
object utilizing Java in a platform agnostic manner?

Any help is greatly appreciate.

If you need to instantiate a COM component then I presume this is because
there is a COM component that you want to use.

Just how platform agnostic do you want to be?
a. Absolutely, or at least everything that Java runs on (and ignore the fact
that maybe the COM component doesn't actually run on that platform)
b. All Microsoft platforms.

If you are expecting magically to get the ability to run COM on Unix
platforms for example then I think you will have difficulty.