combination algorithm/source code

Ross

Is there any combination parsing algorithm/source code available to handle
the combination problem of inputting a sequence:

YGEQLGMREMVRNCMQDL

and generating sequences:

YGEQLGMREMVRNCMQDL
YGE QLGMREMVRNCMQDL
YGE QLGMREMVR NCMQDL
YGE QLGMREMVR NCM QDL
YGEQLGMREMVR NCMQDL
YGEQLGMREMVR NCM QDL
YGEQLGMREMVRNCM QDL

Lawrence Kirby

Is there any combination parsing algorithm/source code available to handle
the combination problem of inputting a sequence:

YGEQLGMREMVRNCMQDL

and generating sequences:

YGEQLGMREMVRNCMQDL
YGE QLGMREMVRNCMQDL
YGE QLGMREMVR NCMQDL
YGE QLGMREMVR NCM QDL
YGEQLGMREMVR NCMQDL
YGEQLGMREMVR NCM QDL
YGEQLGMREMVRNCM QDL

Try an algorithms related newsgroup such as comp.programming.

You should also explain the rules that such sequences adhere to. You
appear to be adding whitespace between groups of 3 letters in different
combinations but is that all there is to it?

Lawrence

Richard Bos

Ross said:
Is there any combination parsing algorithm/source code available to handle
the combination problem of inputting a sequence:

YGEQLGMREMVRNCMQDL

and generating sequences:

YGEQLGMREMVRNCMQDL
YGE QLGMREMVRNCMQDL
YGE QLGMREMVR NCMQDL
YGE QLGMREMVR NCM QDL
YGEQLGMREMVR NCMQDL
YGEQLGMREMVR NCM QDL
YGEQLGMREMVRNCM QDL

Since you don't give any reasons why the sequence should be split in
exactly those spots, in that order, we cannot possibly help you. If you
_did_ give a thorough reason why, we wouldn't need to help you, because
that would be the beginning of your algorithm right there.
As for source code, DYODH.

Richard