Comparing dates

Simon Harvey

Hi everyone,

I need to be able to compare to dates to ensure that one is at least 1 day
greater than the other.

Im trying to do

if(toDate !> fromDate){
// handle
}

This works but the problem is its comparing the datetime down to the minute
and second. I need to be accurate only to the date. Otherwise, a comparison
for two datetimes that are within the same date, but of different times will
give a false positive.

Can anyone tell me how to ensure that one datetime is at least one day greater
than the other?

Many thanks

Simon

Vadym Stetsyak

Hello, Simon!

one way

DateTime dt1 = DateTime.Now;
DateTime dt2 = DateTime.Now;
dt2 = dt2.AddDays(2);
TimeSpan span = dt2 - dt1;
if ( span.Days > 1 )
else

another one

or you can use DateTime.DayOfWeek or Day, or DayOfYear dependin on the scope of dates being compared
--
Regards, Vadym Stetsyak
www: http://vadmyst.blogspot.com

Jon Skeet [C# MVP]

Simon Harvey said:
I need to be able to compare to dates to ensure that one is at least 1 day
greater than the other.

Im trying to do

if(toDate !> fromDate){
// handle
}

This works but the problem is its comparing the datetime down to the minute
and second. I need to be accurate only to the date. Otherwise, a comparison
for two datetimes that are within the same date, but of different times will
give a false positive.

Can anyone tell me how to ensure that one datetime is at least one day greater
than the other?

if (toDate.Date > fromDate.Date)