    qazmlp Guest

    How much compatible Java 1.2 & 1.4 interfaces?
    Where can I get the compiled list of such interfaces which are not compatible?

    qazmlp, Dec 30, 2004

  2. qazmlp

    P.Hill Guest

    How about:

    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/changes.html

    But I think you'll find 99.9999% of everything is UPWARD compatable.
    That is, if it ran under the old release it will run under the new.
    Even 1.4 to 1.5 (5.0) things are mostly clean in an upward direction.

    -Paul

    P.Hill, Dec 30, 2004

  3. qazmlp

    Chris Smith Guest

    Notable exceptions that I've run across include:

    1. Some low-level code that implements standard API interfaces, such as
    JDBC drivers.

    2. Any moderately complex code dealing with component focus management
    in Swing.

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation