Compilation of OOP features

bhanu

I want some detail of how actually compilation of a C++ programming
features is done like Class, Object, Inheritence, Polymorphism

If any one has any book or paper related to this .......please help me

Jens Theisen

bhanu said:
I want some detail of how actually compilation of a C++ programming
features is done like Class, Object, Inheritence, Polymorphism

I take this to mean how these features are implemented on most
platforms. If that's what you're interested in, as far as I know,
`Inside the C++ object model' is still the book to recommend
here. It's quite dated, but covers the basics.

Regards,

Jens

Phlip

bhanu said:
I want some detail of how actually compilation of a C++ programming
features is done like Class, Object, Inheritence, Polymorphism

If any one has any book or paper related to this .......please help me

/Inside the C++ Object Model/ by Stanley Lippman comes to mind.

Google for that or "vtable".

What will you do with the answers

bhanu

Phlip said:
/Inside the C++ Object Model/ by Stanley Lippman comes to mind.

I have seen that book, but I want to know what compiler actually
interpret when a class is declared,how compiller recognizes class,how
it create object.
How compiler resolve nested class,member funtion
call,inheritence(single and multiple) etc.
I am not getting references which talk about these things.

Bhanu

Nick Keighley

bhanu said:
Phlip wrote:

I have seen that book, but I want to know what compiler actually
interpret when a class is declared,how compiller recognizes class,how
it create object.
How compiler resolve nested class,member funtion
call,inheritence(single and multiple) etc.
I am not getting references which talk about these things.

you mean how a compiler works? The dragon book?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principles_of_Compiler_Design