Compiling Ruby scripts for distribution to Windows and OS X.

gberz3

Hi All,

I need to create a binary from ruby scripts for both Windows and OS
X. I need it to include all the necessary gems, etc. I've got OCRA
working for Windows, however I need something for OS X. Ruby2Exe was
supposed to have Darwin support, but, word is, it doesn't support the
latest gems and whatnot.

Any ideas?

Best.

Luis Lavena

Hi All,

I need to create a binary from ruby scripts for both Windows and OS
X.  I need it to include all the necessary gems, etc.  I've got OCRA
working for Windows, however I need something for OS X.  Ruby2Exe was
supposed to have Darwin support, but, word is, it doesn't support the
latest gems and whatnot.

Any ideas?

Work with OCRA developer to create a native OSX stub, which is written
in C.

Sorry, couldn't resist :)

gberz3

There;s "crate"      google crate + ruby

Hope it helps

Thanks, I read over the "tutorial" page and the product looks nice.
However, the example seems to be too specific. Any idea where I can
find more generic information on the usage? I've emailed Jeremy, but
I'd assume he's a fairly busy guy.