configure two web applications as one

alan_sec

Hi.
I have created two jsp web applications.
The plan is that web applications have to work as one web application
(one is sub application of another) or as two separate web
applications.
I can start two web applications separately, but I need a suggestion
how to start (install and configure) them as one web application.
Both web applications have properties files for configuration.
I would like to have separate web application sources. Is there any
whey to do this?
Alan