Configuring IE for debugging

Mark

Using VS 2005, when I run my asp.net project, it currently opens in a
browser other than IE. My default browser on my PC is IE. Where do you
configure the browser that is used by default when debugging an ASP.NET
application in VS 2005?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Laurent Bugnion

Hi,
Using VS 2005, when I run my asp.net project, it currently opens in a
browser other than IE. My default browser on my PC is IE. Where do you
configure the browser that is used by default when debugging an ASP.NET
application in VS 2005?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

In VS2005, in the Solution Explorer, right click on an ASPX file, then
select "Open...". This opens a dialog, allowing you to select IE as
browser. There is also a "Default" checkbox. This will always use IE as
default browser.

Sorry, I am telling you this from memory, I am reinstalling currently.
Some menu names may vary.

HTH
Laurent

Mark

Thanks - the "Browse With" feature did the trick. It also helped that I
stopped debugging ... :) the menu option is unavailable when you're already
browsing the page.

Mark

Laurent Bugnion

Hi,
Thanks - the "Browse With" feature did the trick. It also helped that I
stopped debugging ... :) the menu option is unavailable when you're already
browsing the page.

Mark

"Browser with", not "Open", that's right ;-) I am getting old...

Greetings,
Laurent