Confounded by error.

Frank Rizzo

I deploy a pretty big Web Application app built using VS2005 SP1 to the
production server (Win2003 and IIS6) and get the following error:

/***********************************************************************/
file required to service this request. Please review the specific error
details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type
'PieApple.Installation.SqlInstallationProvider' from assembly
'PieApple.Installation, Version=2.1.1.922, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=null'.

Source Error:

<Installation defaultProvider="SqlInstallationProvider">
<providers>
<!-- THIS IS THE ERROR
<add name="SqlInstallationProvider"
type="PieApple.Installation.SqlInstallationProvider,
PieApple.Installation" connectionStringName="PieAppleData" />

</providers>
</Installation>

Source File: d:\hosting\ufolder\appfolder\web.config Line: 180

Now the app works fine on my local box and even on Vista Business box
under IIS 7.
I've recompiled the app, i've made sure that the virtual directory is
setup ok and that it's under .net 2.0 and all kinds of other stuff. I
am at a loss.

Any ideas?

Mike

Do you have the 'PieApple' runtimes installed on your web server that your
trying to run this one?