Connected Component Sugestion

news.microsoft.com

Hi all,

I'm developing an asp.net web site and since http is not a connected
protocol I'm asking for some suggestions on to which technology should I
use to build a "connected panel" into my application.

This is what I'm trying to achieve.:

Navigation Menu [Ok, Master Page]
Connected Component | [Ok Site's pages]

These are some options I've think.:

1. Connected Component built as an Applet
1.1 I'm not sure if an Applet could behave well
when the container control is converted into a Web Part

2. Connected Component built as an ActiveX.
2.1 I don't have a strong feedback using ActiveX and I'm not sure if it
could be used to solve this issue....

3. Connected Component built using some sort of AJAX
3.1 I don't have any feedback on AJAX, is this a plausible
approach ?

Suggestions Welcome !
Thank you very much
Marcos

bruce barker

if you want a connected component, your only options are java applets or
activex controls. if you users have ie and .net installed you can write
the component in .net.

with ajax you can only poll.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

news.microsoft.com

bruce barker escreveu:
if you want a connected component, your only options are java applets or
activex controls. if you users have ie and .net installed you can write
the component in .net.

with ajax you can only poll.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Hi bruce, first of all thanks for answer !
Do you know a good reference/book about ActiveX Development on .NET ?
I've browse some virtual bookstores but didn't find anything updated :-(

Thanks again
Marcos