Connecting Errors

tshad

I can connect to my to my database in Sql Query (using "web" and "SA"), but
I can't get it to work in ADO.NET. I tried it from Dreamweaver as well as
from an ASP.NET page with this string:

Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=JODI;Initial Catalog=openworx;User
ID=web;Password=web;Network Library =dbmssocn

This string works on my other machine fine.

But here I am getting an Unauthorized error (401). I even get it with the
SA password, both of which work fine in Sql Query.

I am running on Sql Server 2000 Development version on an XP.

Not sure what is the problem here.

Thanks,

Tom.

GrantMagic

try this:
server=[ip addy];uid=[user
id];pwd=[password];Trusted_Connection=false;database=[databasename];

tshad

GrantMagic said:
try this:
server=[ip addy];uid=[user
id];pwd=[password];Trusted_Connection=false;database=[databasename];

I'm not sure if that would work or not. I am using an SQL Connection.

But now it is connecting. Not sure why it wasn't before. The only thing
different was I had rebooted. I didn't change the page any, so why it
wasn't working before and Query was and now both are working - I haven't a
clue.

Thanks,

Tom.