Connecting JAVA/AXIS client to .NET WebService with authentication

Filipe Marcelino

hi,

after searching for several hours for an answer for my problem, i
decided to post my question.
Well, i have a .net webservice exposing some webmethods; now i want to
have a java/axis client that consume those methods, but using some
kind of authentication.

Theres any simple way to implement some kind of authentication like
https, ssl...
I really need help on this one.

Thanks in advance for your attention,
Filipe Marcelino

Filipe Marcelino

Hi again,

i managed to create a ssl certificate to my webserver and use it.
Added the webservice under https to my java client and all runs fine.
The webservice, right now is setup to allow anonymous connections and
integrated security. My next step would be to change into basic
authentication, has the webservice is running under ssl there is no
problem the credentials passed in plain text, allowing me to pass
username/password to the webservice.
The problem is: i can't seem to figure it out how to pass username/
password to a .net webservice. Does anyone know how to do it?

Thanks in advance for your attention,
Filipe Marcelino

Filipe Marcelino

If i'm not being clear, let me know please.
I realy need your wise help on this one...

Regrads,
Filipe Marcelino

Filipe Marcelino

If i'm not being clear, let me know please.
I realy need your wise help on this one...

Regards,
Filipe Marcelino

Filipe Marcelino

Come on people...none of you ever tried to authenticate a java client
to a .net web service?
I really need your experts help.

Cumpz

Ian Wilson

Filipe said:
Come on people...none of you ever tried to authenticate a java client
to a .net web service? I really need your experts help.

There's lots of ways to do authentication.

"basic authentication" suggests authentication at the HTTP layer rather
than in the SOAP layer. Is that really what you want?

Googling for java soap "basic authentication" throws up some results but
I expect their usefulness depends on what web-services tools you are
currently using.

Is WS-Security of no interest to you?
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/specification/ws-secure/