Connecting Python to Oracle9i on AIX 5.1

Kelly Carrigan

What combination of component versions is required to get Python,
DCOracle2, and an Oracle9i database on AIX 5.1 working together? It
seems that installing on AIX 5.1 with Oracle9i has at least two
challenges:
1. The libclntsh.so file doesn't exist and that file is referenced in
the installation. There is a libclntsh.a file but that is now what is
referenced.
2. The lib sub-directory is now the 64-bit Oracle distribution (don't
know if that is an issue yet since I can't get past the first issue).
Used to be that the lib sub-directory was the 32-bit and lib64 was the
64-bit.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Kelly