connecting to web service through asp classic

lambelly

I can connect to a web service via asp.net, but my client is using asp
classic. In asp.net I do something very simple along the lines of:
CmsApi cmsService = new CmsApi();
Authenticate auth = new Authenticate();
auth.userName = userName.Text;
auth.passWord = passWord.Text;
AuthenticateResponse authrep = new AuthenticateResponse();
authrep = cmsService.Authenticate(auth);
String response = authrep.@return;
result.Text = response;

And I get a valid response. in asp classic I try to do this:
oSOAP.ClientProperty("ServerHTTPRequest") = True
oSOAP.mssoapinit("http://www.urltothewebservice.com/webservice?wsdl")
Set auth = Server.CreateObject("oSOAP.Authenticate")
auth.userName = ""
auth.passWord = ""
results = oSOAP.Authenticate(auth)
response.write results

But I get an error saying that server.createobject failed. How do I
create complex objects like Authenticate and AuthenticateResponse that
are created automatically for me in .net in asp classic?

Mark Rae

But I get an error saying that server.createobject failed. How do I
create complex objects like Authenticate and AuthenticateResponse that
are created automatically for me in .net in asp classic?

Please post your ASP classic questions to:
microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general